- What is Benchmarking in SuccessFactors?
- How Benchmark data works in WFA
- What are the breakdowns for benchmarks?
- Who participates in benchmark program within WFA?
- Who do not participate in benchmark program?
- Who can access and view the benchmarks?
- Which measures have benchmarks?
- Which analysis options are used for benchmark?
- How many customers participated in benchmark program in 2019?
- How often benchmarks are being calculated / updated?
- How to use Benchmark data in a custom report
- How to add more data for comparison purposes
- Default Benchmark
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (ANA) - All versions
What is Benchmarking in SuccessFactors?
The SAP SuccessFactors benchmark application is a comprehensive online resource which works in partnership with the Workforce Analytics application, our approach to benchmarking delivers a unique user experience for the end user and provides a large range of data dimensions. This is achieved by working directly with the organizations’ core data system.
Benchmark results are embedded throughout the organizations workforce analytics application making it a quick and easy way for organizations to make visual comparisons by offering rich and standardized formulas and definitions.
Benchmark data is calculated using the WFA data of all participating customers, and is provided globally. A customer cannot substitute its own set of data. To know the number of customers included in the sample of the data, you can select the option 'Sample Size' under the Additional Data Items menu and check the preview:
What are the breakdowns for benchmarks?
Customers can choose benchmarks by industry, location, Type, Size, Sales and Income. To select that in a custom report, edit the report component, go to Additional Data Items menu and click on the 'Choose Benchmark':
Who participates in benchmark program within WFA?
Only WFA on SQL customers using globalised measure ID in DC10, DC4 and DC8 are participating in benchmark program.
Who do not participate in benchmark program?
- APAC SQL customers implemented prior to 2017 do not participate in benchmarking because they used non-globalised measure ID (i.e. measure ID with the prefix AUS)
- EU SQL customers do not participate benchmark because benchmark was processed in Australia and EU customers has data protection.
- WFA on HANA customers do not participate in benchmarking because there is no 'enable' button implemented to extract the data (functionality is missing).
Who can access and view the benchmarks?
All SQL and WFA on HANA customers using globalised measure ID can access benchmark program.
APAC customers implemented prior to 2017 will no longer access to benchmark program.
Which measures have benchmarks?
All calculated measures in all metric packs are benchmarkable. However, benchmark result only shows with the sample size of 8+ clients. It means at least 8 organizations must use same measures and participate in benchmark program.
Which analysis options are used for benchmark?
All analysis options in all metric packs are benchmarkable but only look at level 1. Example: Gender AO > Level 1 are Female, Male and Unallocated.
How many customers participated in benchmark program in 2019?
103 org IDs.
How often benchmarks are being calculated / updated?
Benchmarks are being calculated and published once a year.
Normally in the beginning of the year the benchmarks are calculated for the previous year.
Example: in Feb. 2020 benchmarks were calculated for the year 2019 and results for the year 2020 will be calculated approximately in February 2021.
How to add benchmark in a custom report
We can include benchmark values in the report via Edit query or Edit Formatting of a benchmark component (Chart or Pivot table):
- Create a new report in WFA
- Add the Benchmark Chart
- Create or select a query e.g. Termination Rate
- Edit the query > Click on Edit > Additional Data Items and select the benchmark values you wish to include using the selection boxes
- Use the Choose Benchmark button to select alternate benchmark sets.
- You can also select the values in Edit Formatting
- See the result
How to add more data for comparison purposes
For WFA on SQL only. You may contact the Cloud Consulting team and submit a sample extract of the comparison data. They will review the possibility to integrate this data into the monthly refresh extract and then use in the generation of analysis options.
While accessing benchmark reports in WFA, there is a Benchmark filter that is loaded by default e.g. Insurance, All Organizations, etc. To change this default filter, please contact the Cloud Consulting team to update this parameter in the DBI.
Note: This default benchmark filter is the one available the first time you run a report. Regardless of what the default filter is, you can always click on the filter and change it to a different value.
Benchmark data calculate component report WFA Workforce Analytics default filter , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , How To