- Remove Styling in Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Report.
- Upgrade BIRT version from 2.6.0 to 4.3.2.
- What is the functionality of "Remove Styling" check box in Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Report under General Info Tab?
- Some reports have cell fill color / Table Formatting applied in the output file but some don't.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- BIRT Designer - Eclipse Foundation
- SAP SuccessFactors has upgraded the BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) add-on solution from version 2.6.0 to 4.3.2.
- This is Universal Upgrade across all Data Centers and applies to all customers using Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Reporting Framework post b1808 release.
- Remove Styling checkbox is available under General Info Tab once we Edit the Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Report of any Subdomain Schema.
- This feature is available for any Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Report of (Single domain, Cross Domain, Multidata Set Domain) any sub domain schema.
- If there is any Date-Time related field selected in the Report - Table (Ad Hoc) and if you select "Remove Styling" checkbox then Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Report will not run.
- If there is no Date-Time related fields are not selected in Report - Table (Ad Hoc) then we can check "Remove Styling" checkbox and run the Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Report.
- If there is any BIRT Template associated with the Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Report and no date time field is selected then if you select "Remove Styling" checkbox then Report - Table (Ad Hoc) report runs very faster.
- "Remove Styling" checkbox selection processes the XLSX files faster with improved memory and performance.
- Remove Styling has the following limitations on the XLSX report format.
- Images are omitted.
- Merged cells are not allowed.
- Structure header and footer are not supported.
- Header formatting is removed. For example, if headers are in bold or italics, the formatting is removed.
- Reports are displayed in a default font type and size. For example, Calibri- size 11pt for reports with default BIRT templates).
- Date or date-time formatting is not applied.
NOTE - This is Provisioning Opt-out switch and is deselected by default (which means Remove Styling property is visible by default). No explicit action is required in provisioning.
- Login into Provisioning > Company Settings > "Switch to previous BIRT version (2.6.0) for Table (Report - Table (Ad Hoc)) reports" > Turn on this switch > Save
- If this switch is disabled that means BIRT Version is 4.3.2. If this switch is disabled, then "Remove Styling" checkbox will be available in Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Report.
- If this switch is turned on in Provisioning then BIRT version will be 2.6.0 (Older Version). If this switch is enabled then "Remove Styling" checkbox will no longer be available in Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Report.
- Log into Provisioning > Company Settings > "Disable 'Remove Styling' for default BIRT template reports without date/time columns" > Turn on this Switch > Save
- If only switch 2 is turned on and Switch 1 is not turned on then BIRT Version will be on 4.3.2 but Remove Styling option will be no longer available in Report - Table (Ad Hoc). That means Styling will be applied on Report - Table (Ad Hoc).
NOTE - If you want to use this Universal BIRT Upgrade (Remove Styling) then ensure "Select Generate Excel 2010 Output Report - Table (Ad Hoc) Reports to enable the XLSX reports" switch is turned on in the Provisioning under Company Settings.
SAP Help Portal Link:
Report - Table, Ad, Hoc, Report, Table,background, colour, color, cell, formatting, fill, BIRT, Remove, Styling, Upgrade. 4.3.2, date/ time, Date Time, Template , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , LOD-SF-ANA-BIR , BIRT Reports , How To