- Upgrade Data Services and Hana Database version to a compatible pairing.
- Install Hana 2.x Driver, but keep the older Hana 1.x driver installed as well.
- Create new repositories that connect to Hana DB natively. Connection test is successful.
- In Designer Login or Repository Manager try to sign into the newer repositories and the following error will appear.
Error "Initialization ODBC call <*****> to connect database <> failed with error: <*****>. Use the ODBCDriverSelector (Windows) or DSConnectionManager.sh (UNIX) utility in LINK_DIR/bin to configure the correct version of the driver. If the problem still exists after selecting the correct version of the driver, notify Customer Support. This message contains some internal system details which have been hidden for security. If you need to see the full contents of the original message, ask your administrator to assign additional privileges to your account."
- Designer can sign into older repositories without error.
- SAP Data Services
SAP Data Services 4.2
KBA , EIM-DS-CON , Connectivity , EIM-DS , Data Services , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.