Translations which are maintained for the fields in the development tenant are not coming up in the UI of the target tenants. This happens after uploading the patch from development to other tenants(test or production).
While the translations are working fine in the development tenant UI.
SAP Cloud Application Studio
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Maintain the translations in the source tenant.
- Upload the patch to the target tenant.
- You can see all the translations are transported to the target tenant successfully by checking in SDK(Right click on the solution-> Translation-> Check Status).
- You will go and test in the frontend UI, you can see that all the fields are not translated in the respective language.
This issue is happened because you have used the backend text option for labelling the field in the UI designer.
You should use only overridden text for the extension fields to ensure that the translation works fine throughout all the tenants.
Open the UI Designer of the respective screen where you have maintained the translations.
- Select the field.
- Go to Properties tab.
- Under Text information section , select the option Label.
- Change the text pool from backend text to overidden text.
Translations not working Fields not translated after upload , KBA , translations not working , translations missing in patch , c4c , sdk , byd , AP-RC-BDS-TRANSL , ByDesign Studio Translation , Problem