When trying to filter a data set by range using a time dimension, the following error message appears in SAP Analytics Cloud:
"Failed to initialize"
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.14
- Live Data Connection to SAP HANA
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC.
- Create a Live Data Connection and model based on HANA Calculation View.
- Create a Story.
- Try to use the "Filter by range" option.
- Notice the error message.
Unsupported ID format was used for the date object in HANA.
Use one of the following ID formats that are supported: "YYYY", "YYYYMM", "YYYYMMDD" or "YYYY-MM-DD".
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Time, Dimension, Filter, Range, Failed, Error , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem