You create a Journal Entry Voucher of type 00088 - Manual Entry for Sales Documents for a Customer Project with Sales Integration.
After you execute the Revenue Recognition run you notice that the manual posting has not been considered to update the Cost of Sales or Revenue of the project.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the General Ledger work center go to the Journal Entries - Journal Entry Vouchers view.
- Find the manual journal entry XX. It is of type 00088 - Manual Entry for Sales Documents (XX represents the Journal Entry Vouchers ID).
- This manual posting is to updated the Sales Projects costs of sales/ Revenue. You expect the run to realize these costs or the Revenue on the respective Expense/ Revenue Account.
Instead, the run does not consider the manual posting:
- In the Cost and Revenue work center go to the Revenue Recognition view.
- Find the run and check the Application log.
- In the Postings tab of the run you cannot identify any postings to the expected Expense/Revenue account with the values maintained in the Journal Entry Voucher.
For your Manual Entry for Sales Documents you used Screen Variant 633 - Man. Adjusting Entry for Sales Documents.
However, the Revenue Recognition functionality only considers Journal entry vouchers of this type with screen variant 634 - Man. Write-Up/Write-Down for Sales Document.
The screen variant 633 - Man. Adjusting Entry for Sales Documents is used as a final adjustment on a sales document, to directly realize Costs of Sales / Revenue on the respective Accounts. It is recommended to created manual postings of this type only after executing the Revenue Recognition run as this run is not designed not to consider such final postings.
If there is no other way to update Cost of Sales or Revenues of a Customer Project with Sales Integration (actual expense postings from time recordings, Expense reports, Supplier Invoices, Customer Invoices/ Credit memos etc.) you can use the Journal Entry Voucher type 00088 - Manual Entry for Sales Documents, but with the Screen Variant 634 - Man. Write-Up/Write-Down for Sales Document.
Revenue recognition, manual journal entry voucher, 收入确认，手工凭证 , KBA , jev revenue recognition , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem