The following KBA has been created to demonstrate how double apostrophes / quotations when using Integrtaion Center job type: EDI/Stacked File Output.
- Values contained in output of job are not enclosed with double apostrophes
- In some cases, it is required that Integration Center jobs contain two headers in output, this is why EDI Stack is used
- When exporting to LMS system, it is a requirement to have each value enclosed with double apostrophe / quotations
- This option does not come as a default option with Integration of type EDI/Stacked File Output
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SuccessFactors BizX
- SuccessFactors LMS
- Integration Center
Reproducing the Issue
To reproduce the issue, the following actions can be performed:
- Create Integration Center Job of type 'EDI/Stacked File Output'
- In preview notice that values are delimited but cannot be enclosed by apostrophes
By default, there is no option to enclose values with double apostrophe
As this functionality is not provided by default with Integration Type - EDI/Stacked File Output,
The following actions can be used as a workaround, to encapsulate the EDI/Stacked File Output in quatation / double apostrophes
1. You will need to convert each field into a calculated field:
2. Make the same association within the calculated field as made with the simple associated field:
3. Apply operation 'Prepend Text' and enter " in the input box
4. Apply a secondary operation 'Concatenate/Append' and enter " in the input box
5. Review data in the preview, each value will now be enclosed by double apostrophes
- EDI/Stacked File Output, LMS, Double Apostrophe, Quotations, Integration Center, User