In the intercompany scenario, you have released the customer invoice document however system failed to create intercompany supplier invoice automatically.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Select the relevant Customer Invoice document.
- Select Release button.
- Now go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice and Credit Memos view.
- Search for Intercompany Supplier Invoice created from Customer Invoice document.
- No records found.
The document has not been created due to one of the following reasons:
- The Account used in the Customer Invoice document, is not a valid company.
- The output channel in the Output History tab of the Invoice is set to printer or e-mail and not XML.
- The Bill-To party is different to the Account party. The Bill-To party does not have the correct output channel set for intercompany scenario (Internal EDX). Since no output channel is maintained, this causes it to go to the default system behavior, which is Printer. The output channel needs to be Internal EDX. Note that, the Account Party needs to have the output channel set as Internal EDX for intercompany scenario.
- You have not maintained the form template for customer invoice document for Country & Language specific. As a result, preview is not possible & system cannot generate the Output History for customer invoice document. Hence supplier invoice is not created automatically.
- A Communication Arrangement has not been created to perform the communication between Sender and Account.
Resolution for cause 1:
In order to use an intercompany invoice scenario the Account used in the Invoice has to be a Company in your system.
Resolution for cause 2 and 3:
In the account master data of customer invoice, the output channel for customer invoice /credit memo should be Internal EDX. You can maintain the output channel from the below steps;
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Select the relevant Account and select Edit.
- Navigate to Communication tab and select Collaboration sub tab.
- Under Business Documents settings, select Customer Invoice / Credit Memo.
- Select Output Channel as Internal EDX.
- Select Save.
Now if user releases the customer invoice, the output history will be sent via Internal EDX and intercompany supplier invoice will be created automatically.
For already created Invoice Requests or Invoices which are not in Status Released you can change the Output Channel in the document via the You can Also -> Edit Output Settings button to XML.
Resolution for cause 4:
You have to maintain the Form Template for Customer Invoice with Language & Country specific. Then preview & output history should be generated properly which in turn creates intercompany supplier invoice document automatically.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Business Flexibility view.
- Go to the Form Template Maintenance view.
- Search for existing Customer Invoice form template.
- Go to Copy and select As New Template.
- Enter the Template Name & Template Description.
- Enter Country and Language information.
- Select Ok.
- Select the newly created Customer Invoice from template.
- Select Publish.
Resolution for cause 5:
You have to set up a valid communication arrangement between Sender and Account. See Help Center document Communication Arrangements Quick Guide for further information.
Intercompany supplier invoice not created; Missing; Supplier Invoice; Customer Invoice; Intercompany; Account; XML; Communication Arrangement; EDX , KBA , intercompany supplier invoice not create , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem