- Field is not populated in MDF object based on business rule via Import
- Does Import trigger the business rule configured on MDF object?
- How to get business rules triggered when data is imported via SFTP in custom MDF objects?
- How to populate a field value based on data imported in an MDF object?
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure a business rule and set it on the object level.
- Import the data for this object.
- The rule does not yield the expected result. Field is not populated as per rule written.
NOTE: It is always better and recommeneded to check the rule’s operation by putting Rule trace. See the KBA 2257064 to learn how to do that.
There are few limitations when it comes to the operation of business rules via MDF Import.
Import does not trigger an onChange business rule (rule configured on the field level).
However, the Save, Initialize and Validate rules should be triggered and executed when the data is Imported.
Post b2005 release: Validate rules are executed during both validate and import operations. Validate operation now triggers the validate rules associated with the MDF objects and returns errors found in the data.
MDF, Metadata Framework, Custom MDF object, Import, Business rule, onSave, onChange, MDF-32144, b2005 , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-RUL , Custom Oject based Business Rules , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , Import and Export Issues , How To