When an Account is added while creating New Sales Quote, system throws below error message:-
"Change of party with role Account is rejected because read-only".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Work Center.
- Go to the Sales Quote Work Center View.
- Click "New" to Create Sales Quote.
- Enter the Document Type.
- To enter an Account, Search for the Account using Account Value search icon.
- Account Selection Screen pops up. If an account is selected on the screen and Account value help search screen is closed, Account field shows alphanumeric number along with the message ""Change of party with role Account is rejected because read-only".
The cause for the issue is that the Party Role "Account" in Involved Party of Sales Quotes has been set with "Forbid Manual Changes" Flag.
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Select the Implementation Project Work Center View.
- Click on Open Activity List.
- Go to Fine Tune.
- Search for the Sales Quotes.
- Click on the "Sales Quotes" link.
- In Involved Parties, click on "Maintain Involved Parties".
- Check Entry for Party Role "Account".
- Uncheck the Flag "Forbid Manual Changes" for Party Role "Account'.
The error message will disappear and Account can be added to the Sales Quote.
Quote, Account, Forbid Manual Changes, Error, selection pop, alphanumeric number , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , Problem