The standard Notes field is missing from the Opportunity header and it cannot be added via Edit Master Layout.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Select Adapt--->Edit Master Layout / From the user dropdown menu, select Start Adaptation.
- Hover over any field in the Opportunity header.
- Select the Add fields icon.
- The Notes field is not available to be added.
The question "Do you want to enable users to see earlier versions of opportunity notes?" has been scoped in the Business Configuration work center.
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Edit Project Scope.
- Go to Step 4: Questions.
- Expand the Sales element ---> New Business ---> Opportunities.
- Navigate to question section: Opportunity Notes (2).
- See Question: "Do you want to enable users to see earlier versions of opportunity notes?" and uncheck it.
- NOTE: Caution: attempting to de-scope this option can lead to data inconsistencies, if this has previously been in use.
- Go to Step 6: Confirmation and click Finish.
- The Notes field is now be visible in the Opportunity header. Note: you may need to refresh the system to make all changes active.
Scoping Question: "Do you want to enable users to edit or delete notes in the note history?"
Selecting this question will enable users to edit or delete notes that they previously took in the notes history section. They are not allowed to change the notes of other users. There is no version history of the notes maintained, so the earlier versions of changed and deleted notes cannot be retrieved after save.
Notes missing, Adapt Note , KBA , opportunities , sales , header , notes field , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To