When trying to migrate price lists using the migration tool, the simulation step raises the following error message:
A Technical Error Occurred. Ensure the Key Field Combination in Price List is Correct, Before Reporting an Incident.
SAP Business ByDesign - 1805 and higher.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- In the Overview view, search for the activity Migration of Price Lists.
- Click on Migrate Price Lists using the Migration tool.
- Click on Upload -> Data from Migration Template.
- Load the migration template.
- Click on Execute Migration -> Step by Step.
- Proceed to the step 3 - Simulation.
- After the import simulation, the error message is raised.
This error is caused due to missing values in the fields "Sales Organization ID" and "Distribution Channel" in the general tab of the template.
In order to migrate price lists using the migration tool, you need to provide the information for "Sales Organization ID" and "Distribution Channel".
If you have the requirement to create a price list without this information (so the price list is valid for all the sales organizations and distribution channels), you can migrate it with dummy values and remove them afterwards using the UI.
migration workbench, migration activity, pricing , KBA , LOD-LE-MIG-CNT , LEAP Migration Content , How To