- On SAP systems running on SAP ASE, queries involving large result sets may be very slow and may not complete.
- On SAP BW systems, affected jobs are Infoprovider loads from DSOs or Infocubes
- Required BW/ASE configuration is set per SAP Note 1680803
- Required latest version of the BW Correction Collection note is implemented (see related SAP Basis Note numbers in the "See Also" section below)
- The offending slow query has limited filter criteria but the entire table is scanned during query processing.
- In the sp_sp/sp_showplan output for a running spid, the abstract plan shows the "group_hashing" criteria is being used
- The showplan output indicates the following:
| |HASH VECTOR AGGREGATE Operator (VA = 5)
| | GROUP BY
| | Evaluate Grouped SUM OR AVERAGE AGGREGATE.
| | Using Worktable2 for internal storage.
| | Key Count: 10
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Warehouse
- SAP NetWeaver (all releases)
group_hashing, group hashing , DSO, Infoprovider, "Data Load", slow, hang, 811933, CR 811933 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.