In the past (3 or more years back) we had problems with huge Territory-rule-sets and as a fix in those days we recommended to have split rule-sets.
Meanwhile the coding has improved and we are able to have a larger number of rules in the first rule-set - but only there.
Thus the former recommendation to have split rule-sets is no longer valid.
The only rule-set which can handle the large amount of rules is rule-set1 and the only way for you to benefit from this is to move all the rules currently being spread
over the different rule-sets into the rule-set1.
The reason to activate Split Territory Rules is no longer valid, but the activation leads to other follow-up problems which we can avoid by simply not activating it!
Indeed, we meanwhile explicitly recommend to undo the activation of the “split territory rule functionality”.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Steps to execute:
- Create a local backup of the status before by downloading the content of all five rule-sets.
- All the rules shall be moved into rule-set1.
- You have to ensure the columns of rule-set 1 are a superset of all the columns given in any of your rule-sets
- You should also try to ensure the same order of the columns which makes merging into one big file easier.
- Afterwards the content of rule-sets 2,3,4 and 5 has to be set to empty and this has to be activated.
- It might help to also set the content of rule-set1 to space and activate this.
Afterwards you can upload your complete list of rules into rule-set1 and activate it.
(This step to shortly activate also rule-set1 being simplifies the internal “delta handling” and helps to avoid problems during activation)
- Once all your rules are only in rule-set1 and the other rule-sets 2,3,4 and 5 are all empty
please send the incident back to us and we will de-activate the feature of “split rule set”.
The UI showing the links for the five rule-sets will no longer appear but a click “Maintain territory rules” will immediately jump to your only rule-set.
We recommend to perform the proposal first in your test-system and once it worked there you can repeat the steps in your productive-system.
Split Territory Rules, Territory Rules, 1808 enhancement, what's new , KBA , LOD-CRM-TM , Territory Management , How To