The Build OData Queries button is grayed out when any Report / Data Source is selected in the system, or it is missing completely.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to the Business Analytics work center.
- Navigate to the Design Reports work center view.
- Select any report in the list.
- Notice the Build OData Queries button is grayed out or missing.
There are some prerequisites which needs to be followed in the system, so that the Build OData Queries button is available for the Report and Data Sources.
When this button is grayed out, it means that a configuration parameter in the system related to OData which is not activated. Some examples are listed below:
Data Source is not exposed for the OData
- OData activity is not scoped in Business Configuration work center
- Communication Arrangement for the OData is not maintained
All the points listed above can make the functionality not available and the button grayed out in the Business Analytics work center.
In order to activate this functionality in your system, it is required to identify which scenario your system apply to your case:
- Data Source is not exposed for the OData:
- Navigate to the Business Analytics work center.
- Navigate to the Design Data Sources work center view.
- Select the standard data source you would like to use the OData Service.
- Click on the Expose button.
- Check if the option Expose for OData is enabled.
- OData activity is not scoped in Business Configuration work center:
- Navigate to the Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to the Implementation Projects work center view.
- Select the First Implementation Project and click on Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to Step 4 - Questions.
- Search for the scoping element Built-In Services and Support and expand it.
- Search for the System Management option and expand it.
- Search for the Analytics option and click on it.
- Check if the question Analytics Data Sources OData is reviewed.
- Communication Arrangement for the OData is not maintained:
- Navigate to the Application and User Management work center (in ByD) or the Administrator work center (in C4C).
- Navigate to the Communication Arrangements work center view.
- Search for the Analytics Integration communication scenario.
- Check if all the data is maintained correctly.
After confirming that all the parameters are maintained correctly, the Build OData Queries functionality should be available for use in reports and data sources.
You may also refer to our blog OData for SAP Business ByDesign.
Business Analytics; Analytics; OData; Build OData Query; Report; Data Source; Button; Grayed Out; Unavailable; , KBA , csg_q , builder , greyed out , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To