- Option to create new Canvas report is not appearing on the Report Center though the user has the permissions under RBP permissions.
- What are the user permissions required for Creating and accessing Canvas reports?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SucccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Access Reporting
- Click New
- There is no option to create Canvas reports for the user
The user has not been granted the required permissions
Before proceeding further, kindly review KBA 2762935 to understand how Canvas permissions can be controlled and how your instance has been configured:
'RBP Role to Maintain WFA permissions' enabled - Canvas permissions controlled through RBP:
- The affected user should be granted at least the 'Detailed Reporting' and 'Report-Canvas Designer' permissions
- Navigate to Admin Center > Manage permission Roles
- Search for and select a role the affected user(s) has been mapped to
- Click Permission and locate 'Analytics permissions'
- Enable the aforementioned permissions, if not done already.
'RBP Role to Maintain WFA permissions' not enabled - Canvas permissions controlled through ORD user and role maintenance:
There are no limitations with using ORD user/role maintenance to control Report Canvas access.
But in that case, the permissions will have to be granted through the Roles in ORD under the "Roles Maintenance" and not through "Set User Permissions" in the "Admin Center".
In addition, this could also be happening because the role in analytics doesn't grant the users the necessary permissions to create canvas reports.
The minimal requirements are 'Detailed Reporting' and 'Report Designing' permissions
To correct this behavior it is required to change the role of the user in ORD Admin.
To perform this change it is required to follow the steps below:
- Proxy as the user that has access to Analytics admin.
- It will be the first user to login into the Report Center after the implementation was finished and the permissions was given on the "Analytics Permissions" section.
This user will have the implementation partner role with access to the admin from the analytics.
- Go into "User Maintenance"
- Confirm what is the Role ID that the user has.
- In this section you can change the role of this user by selecting the user, editing and selecting the new role.
If you do not want to create a new role it is possible just to change to an existing one that has 'Detailed Reporting' and 'Report Designing' permissions.
- To check what role has each permission, it is possible to check the "Roles maintenance" under the analytics section.
The 'Report-Canvas Designer Admin' permission in RBP and 'Report Designing Admin' in ORD Role maintenance, are super admin permissions for Reprt-Canvas.
Granting this to a user, will allow the user to view and modify all the Canvas reports in the instance.
2532097 - After enabling Report Center, users have access to reports not shared with them
Other possible causes and fixes:
2796673 - Report Canvas is unavailable in Report Center
2828598 - RBP for Report Canvas - How to control depending on the requirement ?
2397730 - How to Change User Role assignment via the Analytics Admin - User maintenance
2151880 - Online Report Designer (ORD) Admin Features
2762935 - Online Report Designer (ORD) / Report - Canvas Functional Permissions migration to RBP
Canvas, Report, missing, not, appearing, user, unable, able, create, report, ord, Online Report, Designer, Analytics, Center, error , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem