Error: "An application error occurred. Check the console log for more details" during Employee Profile Upload.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to People > Header;
- Edit Profile Picture > Upload New Picture;
- Save Changes:
Application Behavior: "An application error occurred. Check the console log for more details."
Possible application Error during Employee Profile Photo Upload could be:
- Invalid photo format;
- Photo is corrupted;
- Not accepted Dimensions: Width bigger than Height like below:
Solution 1: Use Paint tool
- Open the Photo using Paint Tool;
- Save the Photo without any changes (PNG or JPG Format);
- Upload the photo;
- Save Changes
Solution 2: Use Snipping Tool/ SnagIt Tool
- Open the Photo;
- Capture the image using the image;
- Save Photo;
- Upload Photo;
- Save Changes.
Solution 3: Use Snipping Tool/ SnagIt Tool
- Cut the left and right side to ensure the Width is smaller that the Height.
In addition, keep in mind that photo should have at least the following configuration/format:
Maximum file size: 2MB
File format: JPEG
Dimension Ratio: 3 wide by 4 high preferred
SuccessFactors; Photo Upload Failure; An application error occurred; People Profile; Header; Upload Photo; , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-PHO , Photo Management , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem