In App Manage Automatic Payments (App ID F0770) In log details Error No Variants found for format.
You are unable to generate Payment Medium file after Payment Run
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- SAP Fiori
Reproducing the Issue
Step 1: Execute Automatic payment in app Manage Automatic Payments
Step 2: Generate Payment
Step 3: No Payment Medium generated after payment run
Step 4: View Application log See KBA 2572989
Error No Variant found for format concerned displayed.
Note: Payment list function summarizes all payment documents and corresponding paid invoices in one PDF and it is only for preview purpose. It's not relevant to output items for each payment document.
- In app “Manage Your Solution” choose “Configure Your Solution
- Select the Application Area as “Finance” and Sub Application Area as “Accounts Payable”, Item Name as "Payment Medium Formats" Description "Make Settings related to Payment Medium Formats"
- Step Name: Create/Assign Selection Variants (Alternative) (SSCUI 102238), Click the “Configure”
- In the popup window, enter the format name then press enter.
- If the Selection Variant exists in Q but not in P, delete the Selection Variant first and click save. Then enter the value again and click save. This will trigger the Q to P transport.
If the Selection Variant is not in Q yet, then you need to create the Selection Variant (You must enter new selection variant in field Selection Variant.)
See Configuration Documentation:
(Create/Assign Selection Variants (Alternative)
Create and assign selection variants for payment medium formats.
You create and assign selection variants for payment medium formats. You can then use these variants when creating payment media using the Payment Medium Workbench.
In order that you can create and assign selection variants for a payment medium format, the payment medium format must have already been assigned to a payment method.
For each entry in the table, you can select from existing selection variants or create a new selection variant in the Selection Variant field.
If you want to assign multiple selection variants to the same entry, select the entry and choose New Entry. The value of the sequence number for the new entry is incremented by 1.)
- In Format Parameters of selection variant. Review F1 help on each field to guide you on input for same.
- Example of multiple selection variants to the same entry is shown in kba 2700586
This note is cloud Relevant
2700586 - Dynamic selection in SSCUI Create/Assign Selection Variants (Alternative) (SSCUI 102238)
2572989 - The system does not generate the payment media
F0770, Variant, FAP_PP_PAYMDM_RUN, F110, SSCUI, CLOUD, SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT, SAP_BR_AP_ACCOUNTANT, SAP_BR_AR_ACCOUNTANT, SAPF110S, ACH, application log, PMF, Payment medium Format, 102238, OBPM4, FIORI, APP, US_ACH, ACH Batch Hdr. Company Entry Description , KBA , FI-FIO-AP , Fiori UI for Accounts Payable , FI-AP-AP-B , Payment Progam / Payment transfer (DE, JP, US) , FI-AP-AP-B1 , Payment transfer (w/o DE, US) , Problem