- On Solution Manager systems, processes on the ASE database are hung, holding locks on tables in the saptools database.
- This is seen in DBACockpit -> Process Monitor or in isql -> sp_who/sp_lock outputs.
- "Details" section the affected spids in DBACockpit -> Process Monitor indicate:
Wait Event: wait for DES state is changing
- DBACockpit, ATM, Data Collector Framework are working fine during this time. There are no errors in DBACockpit.
- The stack for these spids references the functions: des_do_get(), get_datachange()
(Execute command dbcc stacktrace <spid> in isql in order to check the stack of an ASE process)
- These spids cannot be killed via ASE command: "kill <with force>".
- The only way to clear these spids is to restart the ASE database server.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2
CR814960, CR#814960, 814960, DES, des__scavenge, stat_pdes_flush_datachange , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.