You want to create an Inbound Integration using Integration Center
You want the interface to pick a csv file from some ftp/sftp location and update/upsert the data in the SFSF Instance.
- Creating the 'Scheduled CSV Inbound Integration' interface.
- Integration Center
Procedure to create the interface:
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Integration Center
2. From Integration Center, select My Integrations.
3. From the Integration Center - My Integrations page, choose: Create > Scheduled CSV Input integration.
When you select the Scheduled CSV Input Integration option, you are directed to the Integration Center - Create a New Scheduled CSV File Input Integration page.
4. From the Integration Center - Create a New Scheduled CSV File Input Integration, go to field to enter any of the following:
- Entity Name in the Search for Entities by Entity Name
- Field Name in the Search for entities by field name
- Go to Tag and select tag where you can find your starting entity that uses that tag.
Note: You have an option to choose from a starting entity from the displayed list. When an entity has been selected, fields contained for that entity appear on the page and cannot be selected or deselected. However, you can add or remove fields from the Configure Fields tab. Tags have been added for each API in the metadata that enables you to filter by tag.
5. Select your starting entity
6. Use the Select button to continue to the Options page.
7. On the Options page, enter the following information:
- Integration Name: Either accept the name that is defaulted or change it to a name of your choice. This name is also used to name the job in the job scheduler.
- Description: Enter a short description about the integration you are creating.
8. Select Next to finish and continue to the Configure Fields page.
9. Next you need to upload a csv and do mapping using the following options available under Configure Fields:
- Upload Your Sample CSV File for Inbound Integrations: You can upload a CSV file with any number of fields and associate each of the fields using the Field Mapping View. Using a sample CSV is a good option to use for inbound integration when your third-party application uses different picklist or field values from Employee Central. You can upload the picklist values when you create your integration to map with Employee Central picklist or fields.
- Using Field Detail View for Inbound Integrations: You can add, remove, and delete entities from the Field Detail View. You can use this view to specify formats, default value, and calculations for fields when selected.
- Field Mapping View for Inbound Integrations: You can use Field Mapping View to map fields from your sample CSV file to your SAP SuccessFactors applications for your inbound integration.
- Using File Import Test View for Inbound Integrations: You can use the File Import Test View so you can execute an OData call, and based on the correctness of mapping and data, it is upserted or created for your SAP SuccessFactors application. You can execute the OData call by selecting
1.When you create your integration, your sample CSV file can have up to 500 fields. If your sample CSV file contains over 500 fields, the additional data contained in those fields won't appear in your integration.
2.When you upload a CSV file having more than 10 records, a warning message will be displayed: "The CSV file you are trying to upload has more than 10 records. Only the first 10 records will be picked, saved and displayed in the sample data view." This enhancement is done to optimize the performance of Integration Center.
Scheduled, CSV file, Inbound, Integration, Integration center, Input Integration, OData , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , How To