- You are selling Fixed Asset XX for which you have created the Customer Invoice XZ. (XX represents the Fixed Asset ID and XZ represents the Customer Invoice ID)
- The Customer Invoice XZ is unposted with the error message: 'No value of subtransaction company, setofbooks XY, BO out FIA_SALES_LEDGER_ACCOUNT, BO in FIA_FIXED_ASSET' (XY represents the Set of Books ID)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Closing Cockpit view.
- Go to the Source Documents subview.
- Find the Customer Invoice XZ and select it.
- Under Messages field you can see the error message: 'No value of subtransaction company, setofbooks XY, BO out FIA_SALES_LEDGER_ACCOUNT, BO in FIA_FIXED_ASSET'
You have applied a 100% discount on the Customer Invoice XZ. The total net value of the Customer Invoice is 0,00 LC (LC = Local Currency).
Currently, it is not possible to retire a Fixed Asset's Inventory Material when the total Net Value of the Customer Invoice is zero.
In both cases you need to reverse the existing Customer Invoice.
The reversal will trigger a Reversal Invoice which is going to also appear as Unposted Source Document in the General Ledger. As both, the reversal as well as the original document, appear as Unposted Source Documents, you can mark them as Irrelevant.
After this two workarounds apply:
Option 1: Retire Inventory Material with a 100% discount by adding Inventory Materials with a Net Value above Zero:
It is possible to retire Inventory Materials with a 100% discount when the Customer Invoice also contains at least one Inventory Material with a net value above zero.
Then, the invoice credits the Revenue from Sales of Asset (Gain) account for the Inventory Material with a net value above zero.
For all Inventory Materials with a 100% discount, the Revenue from sales of Asset (Loss) is debited and credited at the same time, actually posting a balance of zero.
Option 2: Scrap the Inventory Material:
- In the Fixed Asset work center go to the FixedAssets view.
- Find the Fixed Asset which is to be retired.
- Press Manual Posting and choose Individual Material Scrapping, or, if the whole Fixed Asset is to be retired, choose Complete Scrapping.
The Inventory Material/Fixed Asset is retired as well. But this time there will be no offsetting entries on the Revenue from sales of Asset account recorded.
Please also refer to the built-in document in the Help Center called 'Manual Postings in Fixed Assets'.
Fixed Asset, 100% discount, Sale, Scrapping, Subtransaction, Setofbooks, Set of BookManual, Posting, Error, Company, FIA_FIXED_ASSET, FIA_SALES_LEDGER_ACCOUNT , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , Problem