You have released and Finished some Production Orders with the Requested Start Date DD.MM.YYYY (DD.MM.YYYY represents the Requested Start Date of the Production Order), however if you go to the Work Center 'Production Control', and the view 'Production Orders', you notice that the listing is showing for the Production Orders in status 'Finished' the Production Order Release Due Date in the past, but you expect the Date to be same as the Requested Start Date of the Production Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Production Control work center.
- Go to the Production Orders view.
- Show All Production Orders, and filter all Production Orders with Finished status.
- You can see that the "Production Order Release Due Date" is showing 01.MM.YYYY, but you expect the Date to be same as the Requested Start: 02.MM.YYYY.
The Release Due date is calculated based on the Horizon in days maintained in the 'Production Order Release Strategy' in Business configuration. You have defined the horizon within which Production Orders should be released in Production Order Release Strategy in Business Configuration as one day, and that is the reason the Release Due Date is one day in the past.
If you wish to have the Production Order Release Due Date to be same as the Requested Date, you will have to remove the value in 'Horizon in Days', and leave the field empty.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to the Implementation Project View.
- Select First Implementation and the button Open Activity Lists.
- Select All Activities from the Drop-Down menu, and search for ‘Production Order Release Strategy’.
- Click the Open button.
- Click on ‘Manual Production Order Release Strategy’.
- You can see there is default available Production Order Release Strategy with Horizon in Days maintained as 1. Please remove this value and enter your own value according to your business needs. If you want to have the Requested Start Date of the Production Order and Production Order Release Due Date to be same, please keep the field empty and save your changes.
- Please note that the Horizon in Days is effective even if you have not included the ‘Production Order Release Strategy’ Activity in your Project scope. To be able to change the value, you must therefore include the Activity in your Project Scope.
The following Help Center Documents:
- Production Strategies.
- Production Order Release Strategy — Configuration Guide.
- Production Orders Quick Guide.
Production, Order, Release Strategy, Release due Date, Requested Start Date , KBA , strategy , production , due , order , release , date , AP-PE , Production , How To