While hiring the Employee in Personnel Administration, the system automatically generates an Employee ID. Your requirement is to manually provide the Employee ID instead of system automatically generating it.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Personnel Administration work center
- Go to Regular Tasks view
- Select respective Country
- Under Hiring section, select Hire Employee
- In the first step Enter Personal Data, the field Employee ID is pre-populated
In the work center Business Configuration, the Number range for employees has Type set to Automatic.
You may check using the following steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the migration activity Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents
- Select the Number range for employees
- Under the section Intervals, the Type is Automatic
In the Fine-Tuning activity Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents there is the possibility to determine whether the Employee ID needs to be assigned manually or automatically generated by the system. If you choose the Type as Manual, the Employee ID field will be enabled for manual input.
Therefore, for the Number range for employees, choose the Type as Manual and Save changes in Business Configuration work center. Now, while hiring the Employees, you will see the Employee ID field where you will be able to manually specify the Employee ID.
Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents, Number range for employees, Employee ID generated automatically, Manually provide Employee ID , KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Problem