- Cannot add second child record to MDF object
- At second attempt, it overrides the existing child record
- All relevant create/edit/delete permissions are correctly assigned
- Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite: Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a record whereby you have parent-child composite relationship
- When you click into the record there is no option to add a second record
- From an object definition level, this can occur when setting up effective dating on the Parent object or setting up multiplicity in associations.
- When setting up a parent/child composite relationship if the parents effective dating is type "None" then only one record can exist for the parent.
- When configuring the association multiplicity is set as "One to One" this means that only one child record can be created to the associated parent.
- By setting effective dating from "None" to "Basic" or "Multiple Changes Per Day" this will enable multiple parent records to be created with different effective dates.
- Note if the requirment is to have no effective dating on parent we can still achieve this.
- By changing the Multiplicity type from "One to One" to "One to Many" this enables multiple Child records to be created for each Parent even if effective dating on the Parent is set to None.
MDF, Association, Add Records, Parent, Child, Second Child Relationship, One to One, One to Many , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , Problem