You are not able to use Document-Based E-mail Template when processing a ticket.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Filter by Source: E-mail.
- Open ticket ABC (ABC represents ticket ID).
- Go to the Interactions facet.
- Click the Insert Template button.
Only Text-based Templates are shown while Document-based Templates are missing.
There are two types of templates available in the system:
- Only templates of type Text-based are supported in the Interactions facet of the ticket. Hence you only find the Text-based Templates listed.
- The Document-based (HTML) Templates are used for automatic triggering of e-mail notification based on workflow rules defined. However, Document-based Templates can be used as a branding template and linked to a channel. Whenever an e-mail is sent from this channel, the text is embedded in the e-mail. The use case for this typically is to embed company branding images/formatting to the e-mails that are sent out of the channel.
To link a Document-based Template as a branding template to a channel, you can create a new template as a branding template with the HTML layout.
Once the template is created, follow the below steps to link it to the channel:
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the Service and Social view.
- Select relevant e-mail channel (or create a new one).
- Add the template to the e-mail channel that you would like to use it with.
E-mail Template, Document-based, HTML, Ticket, Text-based, Template, branding template , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To