Balance Carryforward Reversal Run has completed with the below error message:
Period XXX in fiscal year YYYY closed for closing step Profit and loss calculation of retained earning
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks View and Balance Carry Forward Sub-view.
- Open the Balance Carryforward Reversal Run and click on Log Result.
- Go to Messages tab and you can see the below error message.
Period XXX in fiscal year YYYY closed for closing step Profit and loss calculation of retained earning (XXX represents Period id and YYYY represents Fiscal Year)
The error is due to accounting period of fiscal year YYYY is closed for 020 - Closing entries.
For Balance Calrryforward Reversal Run, last accounting period XXX of fiscal year YYYY should be closed for 991 - Profit and loss calculation of retained earning, so that the closing balance will get reversed from the next fiscal year's YYYY+1 first accounting period to current fiscal year YYYY last accounting period.
(Note: This appears during Balance Carryforward as well)
In order to execute the balance carryforward reversal run, you need to perform the below steps:
- Go to the General Ledger Work Center.
- Go to the Common Tasks -> Open and Close Periods view.
- Select the respective Company and Set of Books and press Go.
- Choose the row of Accounting Period XXX for Fiscal Year YYYY.
- Change the Last Allowed Step to 991 - Profit and loss calculation of retained earning.
- Choose Save and Close.
Now you will be able to execute Balance Carryforward Reversal run without this error message.
You can refer to Help Center Documentation:Balance Carryforward Quick Guide , Closing Steps
Reverse balance carryforward, Profit and loss calculation of retained earning, fiscal year, closing step , KBA , profit and loss calculation of retained , fiscal year , reversing balacnce carryfoward , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem