Adhoc Report result:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central v2.0 - Adhoc reporting
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create an Adhoc report using Person and Employment Info (as of Date) domain.
2. Select Job Information Position Column Generic object entities e.g. Company, Division, Department, Job Code.
3. Run online or extract the report.
Result (Observe the codes listed from the report highlighted in Yellow and red):
internalId / internalCode of the respective MDF object data is being fetched instead of the externalCode:
1. Take a sample output data for e.g. Company - 804012
2. Go to Configure Object Definitions > Object Definition > Legal Entity > search for the internalId field and set the visibility to Read Only:
3. Add internalId as a searchable field for Company / Legal Entity MDF Object:
4. Search for Company / Legal Entity - 804012 from Manage Data:
This is also true for other Domain Types like: Succession (MDF Position based nominations), Job Information (Date Range) and other domains that could access employee MDF data from EC HRIS elements.
This is a known limitation with Ad Hoc Reports pulling data from MDF object fields. This is not a defect, by design fields from the position object, with 'generic object' data type are fetching numerical values instead of labels / descriptions in the Ad Hoc reports. Enhancing this for Ad Hoc framework will cause huge performance degradation for all the reports of this schema for all customers.
The Advanced Reporting feature should be leveraged in this scenario to generate the same report. The ODS report can be configured to return the Code/Name values instead of the internalCode value. This is the recommended tool for reporting on Employee Central data.
Adhoc Reports, internalId, internalCode, Job Information Position, adhoc report fetching internalId, ECT-83833, ad-hoc, ad hoc, position, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data (EC core only) , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Bug Filed