- The following errors occur when you open a story with a direct live data connection in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Failed to connect to system.
- Please allow popups for this site to enable your Live Data Connection.
- The browser console shows the following errors:
- Error [Protocol]: (#73).
- The browser console shows SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x80070005.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE)
- Microsoft Edge
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story in SAP Analytics Cloud that uses a direct live data connection.
- Open the story using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browsers.
Under Internet Options > Security, SAC and the remote system are in different security zones.
- This issue is resolved in Microsoft Edge Version 41.#####.###.# and above.
- To check the Microsoft Edge Version, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027011/windows-find-out-which-version-of-microsoft-edge-you-have.
- To update Microsoft Edge, see https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/microsoft-edge.
- Internet Explorer:
- Open the menu Internet Options > Security, assign the SAC URL and the live data source system URL to be in the same security zone (i.e. both can be added to the Trusted Sites list).
- Microsoft Edge:
- Configure Microsoft Edge to use Internet Explorer for connections to SAC and data sources.
- Complete the instructions on how to configure the Microsoft Edge Enterprise Mode Site List by following this Microsoft document:
- If you need more information on how to configure Microsoft Edge, contact Microsoft support.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
edge, ie, intranet, trusted, browser, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem