All of the picklists have question marks instead of the russian characters when exporting the picklist file.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Center > Picklists Management > 'Export all Picklists > Character Coding: Western European > Submit;
- Wait 30 seconds or so and 'Hit Refresh' until 'Download Export' Appears;
- Open the zip file > Download and open the csv file;
- Scroll across to the column named 'ru_RU' > note several fields in this colum have translations as '??????????????'
The Picklists need to be saved in the correct encoding file, which is the UTF-8.
To resolve this problem, you need to follow the below steps:
- Export the picklist data file, open with notepad++, update some question marks in Russian to correct words, change encoding to UTF-8 and save with UTF-8.
- Import the file back using UTF-8 encoding, choose the local file and set picklist option to No(Are all the Pick Lists new?)
- Change language to Russian, check the modified element.
- Export the file back using UTF-8 encoding and open with UTF-8 encoding.
Language, picklist, encoding, UTF-8, translation, issue, error, import , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-LAN , Translations & Text Replacements , Problem