The Territory is missing in an Opportunity even though there is a Territory assigned to the Opportunity Account.
SAP Sales Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Open the Opportunity ABC (ABC represents the Opportunity ID).
- There is no Territory visible in the Opportunity.
- Select the Account name maintained in the Opportunity header.
- The Account DEF will open (DEF represents the Account ID).
- There is a Territory assigned to the Account DEF.
A possible reason for this is that the Account has been created without a Territory. The Opportunity has then been created and only after that the Territory has been assigned to the Account. Changes in the Master Data (e.g. Account Master Data) are not dynamically taken over by the system in existing documents such as an Opportunity. You would have to trigger the changes in the respective document.
To trigger the assignment of the Territory to the Opportunity afterwards, you can go to Sales Team tab in the Opportunity. Remove the Employee Responsible Party via the delete option in the Action column and then add the Employee Responsible Party again. This will trigger the territory determination.
opportunity, territory, missing, not assigned , KBA , opportunity id , territory , visible , missing , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , Problem