You want to configure a Live Data connection in SAP Analytics Cloud and you want to use a reverse proxy in your overall technical architecture.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Web Dispatcher
The recommended method of configuring Live Connections in SAP Analytics Cloud is using Direct Connection with CORS (Cross Origin Resource Sharing).
- You are NOT required to install, configure and maintain a 3rd party product such as Apache HTTP server.
- In the case of the Apache HTTP server, SAP Support cannot help troubleshoot software (Apache HTTP server) since it is not an SAP product as stated in the SAP maintenance agreement.
- Your company may have policies against installing software for productive systems without a valid support contract.
What should I configure instead?
In the product documentation you will find documentation to enable Direct connections with CORS to the following Live data sources:
- SAP HANA
- SAP BW (Business Warehouse)
- S/4HANA on-premise
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI)
What do I need if I want to connect from outside my network?
- Direct connections require that your browser has direct connectivity to your data sources.
- That is not a network problem but you may want to enable a Direct Live Data Connection for users outside your corporate network.
- Your users must connect first to your corporate network via VPN to be able to connect directly to your data sources.
SAP Web Dispatcher only for your data source
- SAP Web Dispatcher can be used as simple reverse proxy to allow your web browser to connect to your on premise data source via a Direct connection.
- Connect to your usual SAP Analytics Cloud tenant URL as it is internet accessible and use SAP Web Dispatcher only for the required on premise resources.
- Further documentation on SAP Web Dispatcher can be found at https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=414089394 and https://help.sap.com/viewer/683d6a1797a34730a6e005d1e8de6f22/7.5.12/en-US/488fe37933114e6fe10000000a421937.html
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
apache, webdispatcher, web dispatcher, reverse, f5, proxy, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem