When executing some actions as candidate import (job on back-end), the data gets updated on candidate profile, however, for the fields mapped (candidate profile - employee profile) the sync does not happen. This is the expected system behavior. The candidate user sync job is triggered just when a Live import profile or update on user entity happen.
For many cases where the client executes a candidate import, it is necessary to trigger this job to replicate the information to employee data. This article describes how to perform an action to execute this job to a list of candidates (or all candidates/employees in the system).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All Versions
In order to trigger this job, as explained in the introduction, there are two possibilities. For the purpose of triggering this job for a list of candidates, it can only be accomplished by creating an integration to make an empty upsert on user entity.
In order to accomplish this action, you will have to follow the steps bellow:
- Create an ad-hoc report to extract the user sys id for all the employees that you need to make the sync. Save the field in a CSV format.
You will need just the candidate id. The file will look like this:
- After building this file, you will have to upload this file to an FTP server. The integration center will use this to update the candidate information.
Now is time to create the integration to update the information:
- Go to Admin Center > Integration Center > Click Create > Schedule CSV Input Integration
- Select User entity
Provide the integration name and go to the Configure Fields tab:
- On this screen, you will have to upload a Sample CSV to make the necessary maps between the csv fields and entity fields. Click on Upload Sample CSV and select a file with the same format that you will use to run this integration. For the examples presented here, I am using the same file for the sample and source of the Candidate data (file stored in the FTP).
- After the preview of the file is displayed, click on this button:
- Now you have to drag and drop the source fields to the destination fields in the entity as shown below:
Make sure the field will have the icon as shown above for the linked fields.
- Fill out all the necessary information related to the FTP server where you uploaded the file with the Candidate information to be updated:
- Click on Review and Run then click Save > Run Now:
After the conclusion, you can check the status of the execution on this same screen. Check the logs on Last Run Time parameter:
After running the integration you will see one of the three icons next to the last execution time:
A rex x will mean the integration fails. Click in the execution time to check the logs and be able to identify what caused the failure;
A yellow exclamation sign means the integration concluded but with a few warning messages. Check the logs to see what are the warnings messages, most of the time the warnings messages do not cause any failure to the integration;
A green icon means the integration runs successfully;
After running this integration, the back-end job will run and sync the information between candidate and employee profile.
CAND_USER_SYNC, candidate, user, sync, sm-mapping, integration, center, sftp, update, values, profile