If client character set is different from server character set, logging on to replication server will report the following warning message, while ASE does not.
For example, server character set is 'iso_1', client character set is 'utf8',
Log on to replication server,
isql -Usa -Srepserver_name
Msg 14125, Level 11, State 0:
Application 'isql' is using character set 'utf8', but the Replication Server is
using character set 'iso_1'. Because the character sets are different, character
set conversion problems may occur.
Log on to ASE server,
isql -Usa -SASE_name
--Note: prompt is given with no messages
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Replication Server 15.7
- SAP Replication Server 16.0
Msg 15125, character set, enable unicode conversions, ASE, Replication Server Msg 2401, Level 11, State 2: , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.