"You were not automatically logged on to the remote data source. Please ask your administrator to verify the SAML Single Sign On configuration." error when accessing a story using a Live data connection with SSO authentication in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
You are using an external IdP with your service provider's SAML Configuration's Identity Provider Discovery mode set to Manual.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.15
Reproducing the Issue
Create a Live Data Connection with SSO Authentication using your custom IdP
- Open a story using this Live Data Connection
- Notice that the SSO popup will show and a page to select the Identity Provider manually.
- Notice after 3-5 seconds the error will occur in SAP Analytics Cloud and authentication will fail
Currently setting this Identity Provider Discovery mode to manual is not supported, but if the Identity Provider is selected by the user before the timeout, then the authentication will succeed.
Change your Identity Provider Discovery mode to Automatic by following the guide below.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem