You would like to check report data via Excel and, for that, you export the Report ABC (ABC represents the report name) to the Excel in the XML format. When trying to open the report using the Excel add-in, an error message is raised saying "You are not Authorized to Execute Report ABC".
There are no specific scenarios, as this error message can be experienced when Downloading/ Exporting the Report ABC from any work center view which the report is assigned to or from the Business Analytics work center.
SAP Cloud for Customer
This behavior is commonly caused due to a missing business role assignment for the report ABC.
In order to avoid this error message when working with Excel, the user business role has to be maintained as Assigned in the report assignment. To check the business role assignment of reports, please follow the steps below:
Access your system.
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Select the report ABC and click the Assign button.
- In the screen that will be raised, you will have two options, which are Work Center View and Business Role.
- Make sure that some work center views are selected.
- Then click the Business Role tab and check the business roles which are assigned to the report.
It is important to ensure that the user that is trying to access the report via the Excel has his own business role maintained on this screen, otherwise, Excel will display the error message due to this missing business role authorization.
Excel; Report; Business Role; Authorization; Analytics; Access Rights; Business Analytics; not authorized to execute the report , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem