When you create a new Communicaiton Arrangement (e.g. Purchase Order Integration), the drop-down for Field Identification Type is empty.
If you use a Business-to-Business scenario, you must also enter a valid identification type.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Application and User Management work center
- Select Communication Arrangements view under Input and Output Management
- Search for the particular Communication Scenario (e.g. Purchase Order Integration)
- Select Edit
- Goto Business Data
- The drop-down in Identification Type Field is empty
You have not maintained External Business Identifiers for the relevant company (org unit) in organizational management
You have to maintain the External Business Identifier in Org anizational Management
- Goto Organizational management work center
- Select org structures view
- Select find and search for the company id
- Select the org unit and click on Edit you, will get hyperlink"External Business Identifier", select and update it.
SCN Blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2012/04/10/b2b-integration-of-bydesign-with-external-systems/
Identification Type External Business Identifiers Org Structure Communication Arrangement , KBA , purchase order integration , identification type , external business identifiers , communication arrangement , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem