Failed to import or insert Picklist-Values with the error message: "Found more than 1 internal code for same external code (upper). The same externalCode record has been already created: [Picklist.Code]"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Import Picklist-Values via Picklist Center > Import/Export or Import or Export Data;
- Picklist value was not imported successfully;
- Download status report in Monitor Job;
- Below error message is shown in the report:
- "1. Found more than 1 internal code for same external code (upper). The same externalCode record has been already created: [Picklist.Code]".
This error message means that duplicate external code is found in the import file or there is an existing external code already been used.
Examine the “values.externalCode” column of the csv file to import to see whether same external code has been used more than once.
Or compare with the existing Picklist-Values to see if you are reusing an existing external code in the file you are trying to import.
NOTE: the External Code is a unique business key to identify the picklist value and it is case-insentitive, meaning that upper case "APPLE" will be regarded the same value as "apple" for example.
picklist center, picklist center import error, duplicate external code, MDF picklist , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , Problem