- We get "could not generate the swf error" while previewing the dashboard or exporting it to swf or saving it to repository.
- The dashboard is created in older version of Dashboards.
- Not able to open the dashboard in the Dashboards designer after adding the url with excel hyperlink in the embedded excel.
SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the dashboard in Dashboards 4.2 and add a url in the embedded excel with a hyperlink.
- Preview or export the dashboard and we get the error "could not generate the swf error"
- Now save the dashboard locally and again try to open it and it will not open and will throw the error "could not connect to Microsoft Excel error".
The dashboard in the embedded excel has a url with an excel hyperlink which causes the issue.The dashboard files gets corrupted.
Right click the cell which has the url and click on remove hyperlink.This can be done for all the hyperlinks in the embedded excel.So in the embedded excel the url without the hyperlink should be used as the hyperlink causes the corruption.
could not generate swf, dashboard, hyperlink, excel, not open , KBA , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem