You are Inserting New User data into the SuccessFactors system using User (ODATA) entity. You want to know how to send Welcome Email to the newly created user.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite ODATA API
1. Go to Admin Center and search Manage API Option Profile.
2. On the List API Option Profile screen, a list of previously created profiles is displayed. You can manage the list by editing, deleting, or adding new profiles. Choose Add to create a new profile. On the Add API Option Profile screen, select User from the Entity Type dropdown list and enter a profile ID.
3. Now Click on Edit -> Add Click on the checkbox "Send welcome email to new users" and Save.
4. Add parameter apiOptionProfileID=<profile ID> to your URI when you insert a new user.
5. The "email" mentioned in the Request Payload will receive the Welcome Email Notification.
6. Important Points to be noted:
- Currently the OData API Option Profile tool supports only the User entity.
- The above scenario is valid only for "New User" Creation. Email Notifcation cannot be sent updating data for existing Users.
- Multiple parameter values aren’t supported. If you include multiple values of the same parameter, for example, apiOptionProfile=ID01&apiOptionProfile=ID02, the second parameter value ID02 is ignored.
apiOptionProfileID, sendWelcomeMessage, OData, parameter, Upsert, Insert, Welcome Email , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , Problem