Getting value of zero on a Story data based on a calculated column from a Hana view.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.9.5
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Hana View with two restricted columns, which are then used in two separate calculated columns to calculate a percentage.
- Verify that everything is fine on the Final semantics calculations view and the data previe on Hana.
- Create a Model on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) based on that Hana View
- Create a story on SAC using the new model and refresh it to see that restricted columns are being displayed correctly, but the calculated column is returning a value of 0
When you define complex calculation in Hana, you have to use SQL "Language".
Edit the Calculated Column on Hana and change the Language from the default value "Column Engine" to "SQL". You may see details here:
Further issue has been also documented in the SAP KBA 2392748
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem