Application error when trying to edit job information or comp information with fingerprints :
Employee Central : Employment information
Reproducing the Issue
Change any value in job inforamtion and save, or in comp information and save.
A custom string type field is having data type as picklist instead of string:
If data was not already present in these affected fields and no dependencies:
- Goto admin tools > manage business configuration > job info / comp info > cusotm string fields
- Find the custom strings having picklist associated but dataType is also set as PICKLIST.
- Delete the field and again add back and associate picklist and save.
If data is present in these affected fields:
- Go to adHoc reporting or advanced reporting and take a back up of exisiting data.
- Follow steps mentioned above to change the datatype of picklist.
- Import the data back to employees post change with valid picklist codes.
It should look like below post adding back:
error on saving job info, error on comp info, 349e3832156f8b73226d6b2c544db1477ee3a01a, 6279ed8db1b16326139d95ce69ad58a438548bbf, fingerprint=, FormatException, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , Problem