You create an extension field, you add it to the report XYZ (XYZ represents the name of the report). When you run this report, you notice that some values of this extension field show only the ID and not the description.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Select the Design Reports view.
- Search for the report XYZ.
- Add the extension field to the rows.
- From the characteristic settings of the extension field, select Show ID and Description.
Once the report opens, you can see that some values for this extension field show only the ID and not the description.
For deactivated and deleted code values the descriptions cannot be fetched. To verify this please follow the below steps:
- Go to the Work center ABC where you have created the extension field.
- Select the tab where the extension field is created.
- Enter the adaptation mode.
- On the extension field, click the Field Definition.
You can see the extension field has both ID and description, but the Deactivation box is ticked for some IDs.
The descriptions cannot be fetched for extensibility fields where codes have been deactivated or deleted. This is not supported.
Extension Field, Disabled and Deleted code values, Missing Description, Deactivated code values. , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Problem