When you try to create a Custom status for Tickets with Life cycle status as Closed, you get an error "Life Cycle Status Closed Can't Be Used".
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Click on button Open Activity List.
- Select the Fine Tune tab.
- Search activity Tickets for Customer Support.
- Click on the hyperlink Maintain Status Dictionary Entries.
- Click on Add Row.
- Enter a Custom Status code, Description and Select the Life Cycle Status as 'Closed'.
Error - "Life Cycle Status Closed Can't Be Used" is triggered.
Closed Life cycle status cannot be used for creating any custom status since once the Ticket goes to Closed, no further processing is possible.
Hence only the standard delivered Closed status must be used.
Currently instead of not showing the option itself in drop down, error is thrown after selection.
This is the current expected system behavior.
Custom status, dictionary , KBA , user status , schema , closed , ticket , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , Problem