The aim of this KBA is to inform customers using the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Java Viewer (i.e. Java Applet) on the consequences of using it with the JRE 8 and JRE 9 from ORACLE.
- Oracle stops public support for JRE 8 by Jan 2019 (no further updates on public download sites for commercial use).
- Individuals requiring Java SE for non-corporate desktop use will receive updates until at least Dec 2020: Oracle Java SE Support Roadmap
- Commercial updates will be available until 2025: Faster and Easier Use and Redistribution of Java SE
Successor JDK 9 / JRE 9:
- JDK 9 / JRE 9 does not support 32 bit systems.
- JDK 9 / JRE 9 does not support Applets, except for IE and Safari: Oracle JDK 9 and JRE 9 Certified System Configurations
- IE currently has an issue causing applets not to work: 64-bit Java Plugin Incompatible With 64-bit Internet Explorer 10 or 11
As a result of all this, the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Java Viewer (i.e. Java Applet) will not work with most Java 9 platforms.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platfrom 4.x
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Java Viewer (i.e. Java Applet)
- Oracle Java 8 (JRE 8)
- Oracle Java 9 (JRE 9)
sap bi, bo, businessobjects, web intelligence, webi, java, applet, roadmap, support, strategy, oracle, jdk, jdk8, jdk9, jre, jre8, jre9, ie, internet explorer, safari, dhtml, html, parity , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , BI-RA-WBI-FE-JAV , Java Front End , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.