- You are configuring SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) as a Service Provider for your custom SAML Identity Provider (IdP).
- You don't have any attribute that matches either user ID or e-mail for your user accounts.
- Your users' emails or user IDs have different lower/uppercase combinations in SAC than your IdP.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
SAP Analytics Cloud is case sensitive and emails such as User1@example.com do not match a SAML assertion returning firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can use the option Custom SAML User Mapping when configuring your SAP Analytics Cloud with your IdP.
How does this work?
During configuration, select User Attribute Custom SAML User Mapping.
Type the Logon Credential. This is the value returned as a Claim by your Identity Provider (IdP).
In this example, the SAML IdP returns the following claim:
You can capture what is exactly returned by your Identity Provider using a Chrome extension as described in KBA 2487567.
After saving the changes, SAP Analytics Cloud will convert the user accounts to your new SAML IdP. You will see a new column in the Security > User view: SAML USER MAPPING.
The value for the System Owner (the account of the user making the changes) will show the value you typed during the verification: ValueReturnedByIdP.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
saml, custom, mapping, uppercase, lowercase, match, user, credentials, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, email, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , How To