- A particular Web Intelligence document based on a BEx query (through BICS interface) will keep refreshing for infinite time without returning an error message.
- This behavior is observed when the timeout limits (e.g. CORBA timeout) are extended to 1 hour or more. When the default timeout limits are kept, then refreshing will return the below errors, depending on the scenario:
- When the WebI document is refreshed from BI launchpad (HTML interface): "CORBA error while communicating with the SL Service (Error: INF)"
- When the WebI document is refreshed in WRC: "CORBA error while communicating with the SL Service (WIS 00000)" appears after 20 minutes (default timeout).
- When scheduling the document, it fails with the error: "CORBA error while communicating with the SL service"
- When generating High level End to End (E2E) trace logs, the following error has been generated by the Adaptive Processing Server (APS) hosting the DSL Bridge Service:
- Exception caught in SL Service: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.ISelectorBase.getSessionAnchor() of a null object loaded from field
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 SP4
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2 SP5
- SAP BW 740
- Web Intelligence (BEx query through BICS interface)
bi 4.2, bw, bics, bex, webi, refresh, hanging, freezing, performance, slow, corba error, getSessionAnchor , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.