- After disabling Report Center, the reports shared via RBP roles and groups are no longer available in Adhoc legacy page post b1805 release
- Only the reports shared via individual users are still available in both Report Center or Adhoc page
- The backwards compatibility via RBP no longer works after disabling Report center
SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (ANA) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
Enable Report Center
- Share a report via RBP Role or Group
- Disable Report Center
- Go to Adhoc
- The report will not be available
The purpose of the original backwards compatibility in sharing was because when Report Center was originally released it did not replace the legacy UIs, it only supplemented them.
As such when Report Center was enabled it could be used for sharing, while the legacy UIs would exist in parallel and could be used by other end users.
At this time it was not intended for Report Center RBP sharing to apply to those legacy UIs when Report Center was disabled. This resulted in a bug, which was fixed in b1805 release.
Now since Report Center was released as Generally Available in 2017 Q3, this use case is no longer intended. It is expected for Report Center to be either on (to gain the benefits of it) or off.
After b1805 release, the backwards compatibility is only available via individual users:
- A report shared in Adhoc page will be available in Report Center
- A report shared via individual user in Report Center will be available in Adhoc
The backwards compatibility for RBP sharing (Roles and Groups) cannot be reverted, as it causes security concerns i.e. if a report is shared through Report Center, and remains shared after Report Center is disabled, then there is no way to remove the access to that report, or to see that the report is shared, without enabling Report Center again.
Report Center RBP sharing is no more longer backwards compatible compatibility enabling Adhoc ORD post b1805 release disabling reports shared RBP roles groups available legacy page , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , Bug Filed