You create a Direct Cost Project and mark it as billable.
Later you decide to mark all work packages of the project as unbillable.
All incurred expenses have been written off from invoicing side by setting all hours as not billable.
However, you notice that the number of expenses still appear as Not invoiced in the Invoice Preparation - Not Invoiced Times and Expenses Object Worklist (OWL) in Project Management.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
To mark a Direct Cost Project as billable:
In the Project Management work center go to the Common Task view and press New Project.
- In Step 1- Enter Initial data select Project Type Direct Cost Project.
- In the Source field, select None.
- Press Next.
- In step 3-Define Project, maintain all mandatory data and then, under Customer, mark the Billable box. After this all planned work packages defined in the project will be flagged as billable automatically.
- Continue with steps 4 to 6 to set up the project.
To mark all work packages as not billable:
- In the Project Management work center go to the Projects view.
- Find your Direct cost project with ID DCPXX, for example, and open it (DCPXX represents the Direct Cost Project ID).
- In the Project Plan- Gantt Chart, select the Project task for which you want to mark all work packages as not billable.
- Navigate to the Work view.
- Remove the flag in the Billable column for all work packages of the task.
To write off already recorded, billable hours:
Precondition - Every employee/ service agent who reported time on project DCPXX needs to log into SAP Business ByDesign.
- In the Home work center go to the Self Services - Self-Services-Overview.
- Under Time click on the Edit Time Sheet link.
- Find all the time entries recorded for project DCPXX.
- Click into each time recording and set the Billable hours to 00:00.
- Press Actions - Release.
- Proceed this way with all time entries.
- Finally, press Save and Close.
After this all recorded, now unbillable times are automatically written off in terms of Customer invoicing (If you created a Project invoice request for project DCPXX all recorded, unbillable times will appear as Time to Be Written Off).
However, the written off time entries still appear as Not Invoiced in Project Management:
- In the Project Management work center go to the Invoice Preparation - Not Invoiced Time and Expenses view.
- Find project DCPXX.
- In the list you notice that the number of time entries appear in the Time and Expenses Not Invoiced section.
If a Direct Cost Project was initially marked as Billable, even if all work packages and recorded times have been marked as not-billable since, the Project will remain marked as Billable on header level:
In the Project Management workcenter - Projects view find project DCPXX.
You can see the project is flagged as Billable.
In this case all recorded, now written off times, will continue to appear as Not Invoiced times in Project Management.
This is expected system behavior. It is recommended to use Customer Projects with Sales Integration when Project time recordings are to be invoiced to the customer.
written off times, direct cost project, Not Invoiced Time and Expenses, Not Billable Times appear as Not Invoiced , KBA , AP-PRO-PRJ , Project , Problem