Error "You cannot have a recovery with duplicate pay component within the period of this advance" while applying for an advance
Successfactors - Employee Central Advances
Reproducing the Issue
- Employee applies for an advance as of 5th June 2018.
- As Auto recovery of the Elgibility for advances is set to 'Yes' and installment is set to 4, it creates 4 non recurring payments.
- The installments span for 4 months (i.e it starts from 1st July 2018 and ends on 1st Oct 2018). The installment status has been changed to ‘Paid’ and the remaining balance of the last Recovery is also set as zero.
- Now the same employee applies for another advance effective on 1st November 2018 (which is after the last installment i.e 1st Oct 2018), but they get the error "You cannot have a recovery with duplicate pay component within the period of this advance".
This is as per design.
- Although you set the effective date (while requesting advances) as a date 1st November 2018, it will always consider the local system date (i.e today's date). Since advance is already existing as of system date, it will not allow you to request another advance.
- Only when the local system date is 1st October (or any date after that), then you can request the next advances.
- This is as per design.
- If it's really required, a workaround can be to change the date of the local system to 1st November 2018 (or any date after 1st Oct 2018) and then request next advance.
You cannot have a recovery with duplicate pay component within the period of this advance Advance , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-AAD , Advances & Deductions , Problem