When checking inconsistent or partially inconsistent outbound delivery invoice request DEF (DEF represents the invoice request ID) the following error messages are shown:
- 'Determining quantity or unit of measure for invoicing not possible'
- 'Check tax codes; taxation for chain transaction may apply'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Search for invoice request DEF and select it.
System shows messages:
- 'Determining quantity or unit of measure for invoicing not possible'.
- 'Check tax codes; taxation for chain transaction may apply'.
The status shows as partially inconsistent.
- This is a Third-Party Order Scenario.
- There are discrepancies on the quantity to be invoiced and the quantity that was planned on the preceding purchase order document.
You need to check on preceding documents where the discrepancies occur:
purchase order acknowledgment
- third-party outbound delivery
- outbound delivery invoice request
The quantity on the purchase order acknowledgment must match the quantity on the third-party outbound delivery.
Check if the following task is raised on the purchase order: Check Deviating Purchase Order Acknowledgment.
If this is the case, cancel the outbound delivery, check the deviating quantity and resume invoicing.
Please check KBA 1381358 - Reversal of Outbound Delivery, on how to cancel Outbound Deliveries
KBA: 2814513 - Your Invoice Request Is Inconsistent
Outbound delivery invoice request, Purchase order, purchase order acknowledgment, Check Deviating Purchase Order Acknowledgment, demande de facture, incohérente, quantité, error messages, message d'erreur, Commandes d'achat , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem